Monday, August 23, 2010

Still packing... plus the most awesome machine in the world!

Note the wooden fenders and leather bar tape
It feels as though I have been packing for four days! Edit: I have been packing for four days, but there have had some great distractions.

Friday was a visit from Marussia and Devinder with the kids for a much needed break at the Olympic Village. I don't think the village has seen as much nudity since the Olympics, but the kids sure did enjoy all the water features courtesy of our tax dollars.

Saturday saw a quick break to see the Trout Lake Farmers' Market: definitely the best market in town, with free bike valet. Great produce and nice bikes.



Strawberries and blueberries - good caveman food
Tomatoes

Next we took a quick stop at the most amazing machine in the world. Yes, the only machine in Vancouver that will count your change for you (for a minor 9.9% fee) located at the SuperValue on Commercial Drive. We had a small bucket full of change that came out to just over $40 which was nothing compared to the two milk jars full of coins that Travis had:
shirt buttons are always optional

Tdawgs big haul

As usual, found some distractions - nothing beats a good playground to not pack up your apartment at.

"Peter, we have to go home and keep packing!"
"Monica, I thought you said we had to go home and keep packing?"


4 comments:

  1. Guys - tremendous blog. I'm missing Vancouver already!

    Good luck with the packing, and who knows, maybe I'll catch up with you both on your world tour! (With a suitably pompous bike in tow, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keith - As long as your pompous bike doesn't have a latte holder, you can travel with us :) Seriously though, it'd be great if you could join in on bits of the trip. If NZ doesn't work out, we'll be cycling through SE Asia as well as Angola and Zambia. Keep in touch and let us know how things work out in Aus with the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be a cappuccino holder pour moi. But I shall endeavour to leave such bourgeois contrivances at home.

    Can't guarantee anything, mind.

    When are you in NZ again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in NZ from Jan 5th to Feb 9th. We're going to try and fly into Wellington but will be cycling the south island, mostly along the west side. Even if you can only come for a week or two it would still be fantastic...of course the full 5 weeks would work out even better :)

    ReplyDelete