Thursday, September 09, 2010

It's not as bad as it could be...

Unfortunately the tea bags (shown in the previous post) didn't work and I had to go to the doctor and get some super strength antibiotic drops.  The hippie in me wanted to try the natural remedies for a while but as we are travelling to Brazil tomorrow and my eye looks like it lost a fight, I was swayed towards modern medicine.   I do have to say that after two doses of the good stuff, my eye is feeling much better and almost back to normal.

I reminded myself that it's not as bad as it could be...and this picture of Pete helped me to keep everything in perspective.  Poor Pete, the mosquito's really loved him!! 

The mosquito's in the Yukon liked the taste of Pete's eye

Luckily this happened at the beginning of that trip and he was back to normal in no time...


Well you will just have to take my word for it, it was sunny that day hence the glasses...his eye really was better.  Oh and yes, he is wearing his MCK bicycle jersey...always representing!

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see that you give as good as you get Mon! You can be honest with us and come clean about the terrible fights you two have been having. I'm guessing it will come down to one of you eating the other to survive. At least at this rate the meat will be tender just not antibiotic free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is your location on that find me thingamy says you are in London, but I'm pretty sure there are no snow covered mountains there. What gives??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darrell - Monica had to dig deep to get those pictures out. They are from the Yukon trip we did last year.

    Don't worry, we are all tea and roses here - just itching to get to Brazil as we are flying out tonight.

    ReplyDelete